Engineering Graphics & Design
Mind Action Series Engineering Graphics & Design by authors Jacques van Leeuwen and Daniël du Plooy. Value-adding content available for Educators for Gr 8 – 12
ENGINEERING GRAPICS & DESIGN – TECHNOLGY DRAWING; GR 8 & 9
WORKBOOKS – by authors Jacques van Leeuwen & Daniël du Plooy
The Grade 8 & 9 workbook has been designed for the Teacher to help Learners develop the necessary drawing skills needed in Technology to present their work using graphics correctly and according to good drawing practice. The drawing knowledge and methods covered in the workbook are:
- Instrument use
- Freehand drawing
- Isometric drawing
- Oblique drawing
- Perspective drawing
In each of the above sections, the tasks are presented from elementary to a more advanced level. You will notice that in some sections the same model has been used in different drawing methods. The reason for doing this is so that the Learner can develop a better graphic and spatial understanding within the context of the different drawing methods and thereby be able to see and understand the relationship between the different drawing methods.
A considerable number of Tasks have been included in each of the sections in the workbook. The intention is not for the Learner to complete all the drawings, as time would not permit them to do so, but for there to be extra drawings in each section should there be a need for them.
ENGINEERING GRAPHICS & DESIGN GR 10, 11 & 12
By authors Jacques van Leeuwen & Daniël du Plooy
These books have been prepared as a textbook for learners taking Engineering Graphics and Design at the Grade 10, 11 & 12 level in the Further Education and Training (FET) band. It has been designed to comply with the National Curriculum Statement (NCS) and the Curriculum and Assessment Policy Statement (CAPS). It includes a range of tasks covering every aspect of the subject included in the CAPS document and constitutes a complete teaching unit.
Every effort has been made to include work that covers a range of abilities, from simple recognition tasks to complex higher-order thinking tasks. Many tasks have been included in the books with the intention that the teacher chooses those tasks most suited to the learner’s ability. The tasks are presented in the drawing system in which they should be examined.
In an attempt to keep up-to-date with the latest trends in graphic education and developments in industry, we have, wherever possible, used a learner-centered approach in the presentation of knowledge and work in the book. We have explained the basic concepts, techniques and principles from the standpoint of the learner being able to understand the text and the graphics.
- Workshop Notes
- Revisions & Handwritten Chapters
- Workshop Dates
- Authoring Team
- Mind Action Series EGD GR 10 NCAPS Answers Scale 1 to 1
- EGD Scale 1-to-1 Answers Gr 10 NCAPS (DISC ONLY)
- IGO Skaal 1-to-1 Antwoorde Gr 10 NKABV (DISC ONLY)
- Mind Action Series EGD Scale 1 to 1 Answers GR 11 NCAPS 2016-09-26
- Mind Action Series IGO Skaal 1 to 1 Antwoorde GR 11 NKABV 2016-09-30
- EGD Scale 1-to-1 Answers Gr 11 NCAPS (DISC ONLY)
- IGO Skaal 1-to-1 Antwoorde Gr 11 NKABV (DISC ONLY)
- CAM 2018 Workshop Presentation
- Mind Action Series EGD Scale 1 to 1 Answers GR 12 NCAPS 2016-09-12
- Mind Action Series IGO Skaal 1 to 1 Antwoorde GR 12 NKABV 2016-09-12
- EGD Scale 1-to-1 Answers Gr 12 NCAPS (DISC ONLY)
- IGO Skaal 1-to-1 Antwoorde Gr 12 NKABV (DISC ONLY)
- CHUTE WITH CORE 2018 Workshop Presentation
- CHUTE 2018 Workshop Presentation
- MECHANISM 2018 Workshop Presentation
- TRANSITION PIECE 2018 Workshop Presentation
Powerpoints Under Construction…
Revisions & Handwritten Chapters under construction
All Grade 10, 11 & 12 Videos are available on our Mind Action Series YouTube Channel.
Meet our Authoring Team under construction